No matter what you are trying to build – house or software – you’ve got to do it the right way to succeed. But what if you just can’t see the obstacles?
Code may not be seen by users but it has great value as one mistake may ruin the work of the entire application. For instance, there is a house with defective plumbing and wiring inside the walls. Would it be safe for occupants to stay in such a house? No. Drawing a parallel, the code with limitations can lead to user’s privacy violation and put physical safety in danger.
Every company seeks to save its money and time. Statistics claim that only 14% of businesses are prepared for cyberattacks to defend themselves. And not to appear in the rest 86%, here comes web app security protection. This would be essential if you want to save your company’s money and precious time. On average, a cyberthreat may cost each business $200.000 no matter if it’s a big company or a small firm. Moreover, it could be a threat not only to your corporate data but also your client’s private data as they have the right to turn to the court (GDPR). At this point, the question will no longer be in thousands, but in millions in cash. But we are here not to scare you but help to prevent these losses. It’s important not to miss out on any of the smallest details.
Expert analysis indicates that there are low- to high-risk security vulnerabilities in up to 90% of web applications. In reality, in every single application reviewed, the same study showed flaws of some kind
Unlike operating systems, databases, and software applications usually used on enterprise networks, web apps are mostly developed in-house by enterprises with little to no background in the development of commercial software. This is hardly unusual. Far too often, developers see protection only as an afterthought or not at all.
In CSA, our experts are actively taking part in helping you to find the best web app security vendors who will identify the most serious vulnerabilities in web applications.
What does a web app security assessment usually include?
The key outcome of our testing is a report featuring:
As well as for instructions on web application firewall security policies and functionality, the picked by CSA experts can also include demo application code to demonstrate how the identified vulnerabilities could be extracted.
And from all this, it follows: who will perform these operations? This task can be assigned to several vendors to perform work using different tools. You can also select only one universal vendor for several tools. But which option is right for you?
There is no perfect option. Why so? Neither method is flawless. Applying different providers may enable organizations from each segment to implement advanced software, but the disadvantage is that they mostly demand studying different systems, including using multiple desktops to handle enterprise-wide testing and application risk. The multiple approaches must also be incorporated into the SDLC.
In most scenarios, within a single business platform and reporting framework, an AST set that involves static analysis, dynamic analysis, SCA, and IAST combines them all.
The potential drawback of that alternative is that in one technology, but missing in another, AST packages may be especially effective.
Here we present some tips on how to choose a web app security vendor:
For CSA, security always stands in the first place no matter what. We are ready to provide you with the top application security vendors and we will free you from the hassle of choosing among an immense variety of web application cybersecurity vendors. If you have questions, let’s get in touch!